I'm a sole trader, am i able to claim my petrol expenses?

Tuesday, December 21st, 2010

I have looked on the Inland Revenue website but couldnt find anything.

Wednesday, February 2nd, 2011


If you use your vehicle for work related travel then you can claim a tax relief on these miles.

The first 10,000 miles can be claimed at 40 pence per mile and each subsequent mile has a tax relief of 25 pence.

Remember you can not claim any personal travel and you should make a note of any business related mileage that you do.